Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Big Girls You Are Beautiful"



One thing that I have noticed in Venezuela is the beauty in this country is not skin deep. Everywhere I look there are always beautiful women with tons upon tons of makeup on for no apparent reason. Venezuelan women are gorgeous and yet, some are still worried about their outer appearance as if skin never ages and makeup is their only hope. After living in Venezuela for three weeks, I see that this problem is evident throughout the world and not just the United States. With one of God’s greatest creation I am sad to think that some women think that makeup and plastic surgery can cure the insecurities they have within. Honestly, I want to hug and tell every woman in Merida, Venezuela that they are beautiful, but I have not learned how to formulate that sentence in my Spanish class yet. LOL However, I just would like to say that people come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors for a reason and if women continue to primp themselves and try to look like the supermodels, the Miss Americas, and the Miss Universes of the world then they will lose one of their most precious items that they obtain since birth: their self-identity. I was influenced to label my title of this blog “Big Girls You are Beautiful” because of a song created by the group called Mika. This song instills a very positive message and stating that women (mainly plus-sized women) that they are beautiful and no one should tell them anything different. Women of all shapes, sizes, and colors, I just want to let you know that you are beautiful and makeup or plastic surgery should enhance your natural beauty and not become the controller of your beauty.

Just a little something I was thinking about at 11:55 pm,

Paris

1 comment: