Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Slappin

Slappin

A few days ago Janel and I heard Paris use the word “slappin” in a sentence. Paris informed us that “slappin” was a word that some Detroit people use to mean very good, or excellent. As I’m sure you would agree, like many of the words people from Detroit use, this is clearly one of the most ridiculous things you have ever heard in your entire life. Paris would occasionally say “this food is slappin” or “that party was slappin” and Janel and myself would look at each other in disgust of this terrible word with such a peculiar definition. When one hears “slappin” they might think of sloppy joes, or Bozo the clown at the circus. For example, at the circus “we had a slappin good time”. Doesn’t that sound much better?? Because this word has such an incorrect definition JaNel and I decided to use the word slappin to mean something that is very bad, of poor quality, and especially of extremely poor taste. For example, “That restaurant was slappin, I will never go there again” or “You are being very rude, if you don’t stop acting so slappin I am going to slap you”. We feel that this is a much more appropriate use for the word slappin, and have now incorporated it into our vocabularies. We also have taught our Venezuelan sister the word slappin and its new definition as well so that she can use it as Spanish slang. We would also like to encourage all of our readers to use the word and its new improved definition.

From the most non-slappin place on earth, Venezuela

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Hello Chris,

    I truly do not appreciate you blogging about my word "slappin" when you utilize a word that has no English translation. This word "gurb" is garbage. With your intellectual integrity that you will use such a word that has no correct or logical meaning. Such a same. I guess that's what Flint Public Schools will do that you. :-)

    Shaking My Head,

    Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.....I so love Paris right now!


    Brittany. B

    ReplyDelete